Lunchtime Supervisors (2 posts)
Flexible hours available between up to 10 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks) worked between the hours of 11.15am to 1.15pm Monday to Friday with the specific weekly working hours and pattern to be agreed with the successful candidates. Grade A – Step 1 - Full Time Equivalent Salary £20,258, Actual Annual Salary £4,683.84 for 10 hours per week.
Please note that applications will be considered as they are received and you are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible as some interviews may take place, and the appointments may be made before the closing date is reached for the post.
We are looking to appoint two calm, friendly and enthusiastic people to join our existing dedicated team. The successful applicants will be working within a supportive, fun team and will be an important member of the school structure. You will need to be flexible and ideally have experience of working with children, ensuring confidentiality and safeguarding.
Previous applicants need not reapply.
Main duties will include:
• Supervising children in the lunch hall, outside on the playground or in their classrooms during wet lunch breaks
• Encouraging positive play by leading a range of playground games
• Ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of children
• Promoting healthy eating
• Ensuring any issues are dealt with in a positive and thoughtful manner and that where appropriate deciding which issues should be raised with relevant staff.
• Assisting with associated duties, e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean, etc.
The key features of our vision are that:
● Children are at the heart of what we do
● All learners are supported and challenged to become curious, determined, generous, honest, proud and respectful individuals who are aspirational and ambitious
● Exciting personalised learning provision to stimulate pupils’ enjoyment and love of learning
● An ethos that is inclusive, where each individual is valued and there is a focus on well-being and achievement
● High quality professional learning for staff, developing strong and sustainable partnerships where innovative practice is jointly developed and linked to educational research and high quality teaching and learning
● Clear lines of accountability, underpinned by strong management systems
● Outstanding leadership at all levels to realise the vision
Benefits of working for our trust include:
● Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
● A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
● A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
● Friendly and sociable colleagues
● Staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
If you would like to visit the school, please contact the school office on 01489 737970 to arrange a tour.
Applications should be on Wildern Academy Trust application forms, our application form does differ from the standard Hampshire County Council form and individual CV’s will not be accepted. If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher. Application forms can be donwloaded from the links below.
Completed Wildern Academy Trust application forms can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post for the attention of Mrs P Weston, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing Date: Midday, Monday 8th May 2023.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) along with other relevant employment checks.