Librarian (Reading Champion)
15 hours per week, specific working hours to be agreed with the successful candidate. Term time only (39 weeks). Grade C – Step 1 - Full Time Equivalent Salary £18,933, Actual Annual Salary £6,565.44.
We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate reader to join Boorley Park Primary School, a brand-new primary school that opened in September 2019. For the right candidate this is a unique chance to make their own mark on a new school in the heart of a new community.
Books are at the heart of our teaching and learning at Boorley Park and so we are looking for someone with a passion for children’s literature to join our team to run the school library and promote a love of reading across the school. The role will involve management of the school library, promoting reading and supporting both in class and with individuals to support the provision of the reading curriculum across the school. As a growing school, there are lots of opportunities for professional growth and development within a small but passionate team.
The key features of our vision are that:
● Children are at the heart of what we do
● All learners are supported and challenged to become curious, determined, generous, honest, proud and respectful individuals who are aspirational and ambitious
● Exciting personalised learning provision to stimulate pupils’ enjoyment and love of learning
● An ethos that is inclusive, where each individual is valued and there is a focus on well-being and achievement
● High quality professional learning for staff, developing strong and sustainable partnerships where innovative practice is jointly developed and linked to educational research and high quality teaching and learning
● Clear lines of accountability, underpinned by strong management systems
● Outstanding leadership at all levels to realise the vision
Benefits of working for our trust include:
● Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
● A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
● A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
● Friendly and sociable colleagues
● Staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner who can inspire and motivate staff and pupils and who is able to work with the leadership team to develop this new school so it is at the heart of the community.
If you would like to visit the school, please contact the school office on 01489 737970 to arrange a tour.
Applications should be on Wildern Academy Trust application forms, our application form does differ from the standard Hampshire County Council form and individual CV’s will not be accepted. If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher. Application forms can be found on the links below.
Completed Wildern Academy Trust application forms can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing Date: Midday Tuesday 15th June 2021.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) along with other relevant employment checks.