32.50 hours per week, 8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday. Term time only (40 weeks). Grade D – Step 1 - Full Time Equivalent Salary £21,778, Actual Annual Salary £16,782.72.
Whilst the closing date is near the school holidays please submit your application as soon as possible as we will invite suitable candidates to interview before the closing date and close the vacancy early.
As a growing school we have an exciting opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our team. The role will be varied and you will need to be adaptable and flexible - there will be opportunities to work within the whole class, teaching small groups and on a 1:1 basis with individual pupils.
The successful candidate will:
● Have an HLTA qualification
● Have relevant and recent experience of working within a school setting
● Have a positive attitude and be willing to take on new challenges, being flexible and adaptable every day
● Have a good understanding of safeguarding
● Be professional and act with integrity
● Be a good team player, while being able to work independently
The key features of our vision are that:
● Children are at the heart of what we do
● All learners are supported and challenged to become curious, determined, generous, honest, proud and respectful individuals who are aspirational and ambitious
● Exciting personalised learning provision to stimulate pupils’ enjoyment and love of learning
● An ethos that is inclusive, where each individual is valued and there is a focus on well-being and achievement
● High quality professional learning for staff, developing strong and sustainable partnerships where innovative practice is jointly developed and linked to educational research and high quality teaching and learning
● Clear lines of accountability, underpinned by strong management systems
● Outstanding leadership at all levels to realise the vision
Benefits of working for our trust include:
● Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
● A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
● A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
● Friendly and sociable colleagues
● Staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
If you would like to visit the school, please contact the school office on 01489 737970 to arrange a tour.
Applications should be on Wildern Academy Trust application forms, our application form does differ from the standard Hampshire County Council form and individual CV’s will not be accepted. If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher.
Wildern Academy Trust application forms can be downloaded from the links below. Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing Date: Midday Tuesday 19th July 2022.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.