● We have been learning the letter group -ll which is code for /l/ as in shell. We also learnt the letter f which is code for /f/ as in feather. In your child’s phonics wallet you will find the sheets that they have completed in the lessons this week.
● We have then had a go at forming our letters correctly. We have been working on our pencil grip using our ‘froggy legs’ and trying to form the letters correctly using the word patters/rhymes to support us.
● This week we have been exploring time. We have been singing the days of the week song with the children to get them familiar with the order of the days. We then learnt about daytime and night time and the children sorted different activities that they do in the day and at night. The children then had their own timetables to sort in the order of the day and talked about the morning and afternoon.
● This week in PE Lauren (the dance teacher) came in to teach the children an Irish Jig. The children all thoroughly enjoyed themselves when learning the different movements of the routine before putting them all together.
● This week we have been busy rehearsing our Christmas performance. We are all really excited to be sharing it with you soon.
● Could you sing the days of the week song with your grown up? Maybe you could create a paper chain with all of the days of the week on each chain?
● Don’t forget to make your hat ready for our Christmas party on Friday 16th December!