Highlights of the week:
- This week we have recapped all of the unit 3 sounds that we have learnt so far this term.
- We have had a go at writing words containing the unit 3 sound that we have learnt. We had a go at forming our letters correctly. We have been working on our pencil grip using our ‘froggy legs’ and trying to form the letters correctly using the word patters/rhymes to support us.
- This week in maths we have been exploring orientation of shape. We have been looking at the same shapes represented in different ways. We have practised using prepositional language to describe the shapes we have built.
- This week we continued our learning on our new enquiry question which is ‘Why is it important to be responsible’. The children have enjoyed sharing their photos of them showing responsibility at home and it is great to see the children so engaged in their learning.
- This week we read the story ‘Tidy’. We talked about the importance of keeping our environment clean and looking after our planet. We talked about ways that we can protect and look after our environment by litter picking, planting plants and using less plastic.
- The children all enjoyed planting their own seed and we cannot wait to see how your plant grows. Please do share this with us on Tapestry.
This week in drawing club we have looked at the story ‘What’s in the Witches Kitchen’. The children have drawn and described their own witch, looked at the contents of the witch’s fridge and used their imagination to come up with an idea about where the goblins live.
Home learning ideas:
- Take some time to look through your child’s new phonics folder with them and pick out some pages to practise. You can record this as part of your child’s reading in their reading journal.
- Please keep us updated with how your plant grows and how you are showing responsibility by looking after it.