● We have been learning the letter u which is code for /u/ as in umbrella. We also learnt the letter l which is code for /l/ as in ladder. In your child’s phonics wallet you will find the sheets that they have completed in the lessons this week.
● We have then had a go at forming our letters correctly. We have been working on our pencil grip using our ‘froggy legs’ and trying to form the letters correctly using the word patters/rhymes to support us.
● This week we continued our learning of 2D shapes, this week we learnt about a square and a rectangle. The children went on shape hunts in the classroom and created pictures using these shapes. They then had a go at sorting squares and rectangles!
● This week in PE Laura (the dance teacher) came in to teach the children a Charleston inspired dance. The children all thoroughly enjoyed themselves when learning the different movements of the routine before putting them all together.
● This week the children have been working incredibly hard learning the songs and words to our Christmas Nativity. We had our first practise on the stage today!
● The children all enjoyed taking part in the immersive Santa Dash today!
● To support your child in developing their skills of decoding to read words we will send home a comic called ‘A nap’. The children have learnt all the sounds in this text so it will be fully decodable for them and allow them to be able to read the words independently. Please comment on your child’s reading of this text in their reading record.
● Can you go on a shape hunt around your home or outside and see what shapes you can spot in the environment?