27th - 31st March 2023
Highlights of the week:
- We have learnt the letter z as code for /z/ as in zebra and we have learnt the letter group zz as code for /z/ as in jazz.
- We have then had a go at forming our letters correctly. We have been working on our pencil grip using our ‘froggy legs’ and trying to form the letters correctly using the word patters/rhymes to support us.
- This week in maths we have been exploring doubling and sharing. We have explored a range of resources to make and find doubles. We read the story ‘Two of Everything’ and played a doubling dice game. We then read the story ‘The Doorbell Rang’ to explore the concept of sharing and talked about making sure that we share fairly. The children then had a go at practically sharing between themselves and a partner.
Independent Learning Challenges:
- This week in our independent learning challenges the children had a maths challenge recapping our previous week's learning on number bonds to 10. Our writing challenge this week challenged the children to write some Easter themed captions.
- This week we read ‘The Growing Story’, the children enjoyed exploring the pictures and noticing the subtle changes in the seasons. As we read the story we talked about how they have changed themselves. We discussed things that they can do now that they were not able to do when they were little!
- Thank you for attending our parent workshop. The children all enjoyed painting their rocks and then hiding them in the community for someone else to find. We talked to the children about the importance of spreading kindness and putting a smile on someone's face!
Home learning ideas:
- Take some time to look through your child’s new phonics folder with them and pick out some pages to practise. You can record this as part of your child’s reading in their reading journal.
- Reading- please make sure to remind your child to change their colour band book!
- Could you go on a walk with your child during the Easter holidays and see what signs of spring you can find! You could share what you find with us on Tapestry!