● We have been learning the letter m which is code for /m/ as in map. We also learnt the letter d which is code for /d/ as in dig. In your child’s phonics wallet you will find the sheets that they have completed in the lessons this week.
● We have then had a go at forming our letters correctly. We have been working on our pencil grip using our ‘froggy legs’ and trying to form the letters correctly using the word patters/rhymes to support us.
● This week we have been learning about 2D shapes. We have been focusing on circles and triangles. We have been thinking about the properties of these 2D shapes.
● This week in PE, Laura (the dance teacher) came in to teach the children some more dancing. The children enjoyed learning a latin style salsa dance this week using movements from the cha-cha. The children all thoroughly enjoyed themselves when learning the different movements of the routine before putting them all together.
● In music we completed our listen and response, we listened to ‘Don’t go breaking my heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee’. We talked about how the music made us feel and about the things it made us think of. We enjoyed learning and performing the song ‘Ring ‘O’ Roses’ and practised some actions to help us remember the lyrics.
● Can you go on a shape hunt around your home and see what shapes you can find?
● Can you go around your home and see what you can find that starts with the /m/ or the /d/ sound we have learnt this week?
● Please check your child’s bookbag as this week we sent home the letters with your child’s part in our Christmas Nativity.