● We have been learning about the letters c and k which are code for the sound /c/ and /k/. In your child’s phonics wallet you will find the sheets that they have completed in the lessons this week.
● We have then had a go at forming our letters correctly. We have been working on our pencil grip using our ‘froggy legs’ and trying to form the letters correctly using the word patters/rhymes to support us.
● We have been using our skills of blending to have a go at reading words. Your child will have a word list in their phonics folder.
● This week we have explored the concept of size, mass and capacity. We have had lots of practical sessions exploring the different vocabulary linked to these concepts. The children compared objects using the vocabulary ‘bigger, biggest, smaller, smallest’. We then used this vocabulary to help us measure capacity and predict which containers we think would hold the most and least based on their size.
● In music we listened to ‘I can sing a rainbow- by Peggy Lee’. We talked about how the music made us feel and about the things it made us think of. We enjoyed learning and performing the song ‘5 little ducks’ and practised adding actions to help us remember the lyrics.
● Have a go at completing some of the reading bingo challenges. Make sure you share these with us on Tapestry.
● This week we had a ‘Pen Disco’. This involves the children listening to music and then creating patterns on a piece of paper to express how the music made them feel. If the music was quick they may draw zig zag lines, if the music is calm they may draw wavy lines. Could you have a go at a ‘pen disco’ at home using different types of music.