I can’t believe we have completed a term of year 3 already!
We have had a fun final week before Christmas!
We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and look forward to seeing you in the New Year!
In English this week, we have been writing instructions for how to dig up a dinosaur. We looked at how to make sure they are clear and how easy to follow. We included all the grammatical concepts we learnt last week, including time conjunctions, adverbs and imperative verbs.
In Maths this week, we have been looking at the 3 and 4 times tables. We have been using our knowledge of these facts to solve more complex problems. We have also been looking at division and how we can use times tables to support us to answer these questions. As a class, we explored how we can prove our thinking and our answers.
This week in Spellings, we have been looking at new spelling strategies. We have looked at some other spelling strategies to help us improve our spelling. We have also been challenging ourselves to add prefixes and suffixes to our spelling words.
Our enquiry question for this term is ‘How do we know about what happened long ago?’ We have now finished this enquiry question and can’t wait for our next one.
In Design and Technology this week, we continued our textiles unit. We have been working really hard to improve our sewing skills. We have included applique trees, snowmen and other festive creations. Some of us also added sequins, ribbon and buttons to finish off the stockings.
In Guided Reading, we have continued to look at the Grinch. We compared the book to the film and explored the similarities and differences in the two. We then discussed whether the Grinch was evil or if he was just misunderstood.
● Please make sure you are reading with your child at least four times a week and commenting on their reading in their reading record book.
● Your child has come home with a list of spellings, which we will practise on Fridays. Please can you support your child with learning these during the week.
● There are no spellings this week.
● Now we have TimesTables Rockstars, please support your child to access it online. It is recommended that children play TTRS for 5 minutes a day for maximum impact.
● PE days for Year 3 are Wednesdays (Outdoors) and Fridays (Indoors).
● Our library days are on Thursdays, please can you make sure your child has their library book to return or renew. We have a few overdue books, please could you look for these at home, so your child can take home a new book.