It was really lovely to share our Christmas play with you this week. We are so proud of the effort, courage and commitment the children have shown when preparing and performing.
● In English we wrote a letter to Rosie Revere telling her all we know about Tower Bridge. We know lots of facts about Tower Bridge now and understand how bascule bridges work, so please encourage us to share this knowledge with you at home! We then started to look at creating our own leaflet about Tower Bridge. We explored features of leaflets, including titles, headings, sub-headings, eye-catching images and lots of information and facts. When creating our leaflets, we have focused on including a range of sentence styles, from statements to exclamations.
● In Maths, we continued to look at 3-D shapes. We started the week by making a poster to showcase what we know about 3-D shapes, including names, vertices and faces. We also spent some time exploring and sorting the different objects around us into different shape groups. We have really enjoyed this unit.
● This week in Phonics we looked at /x/ found in words like fox and excellent. Our common exception words this week are; could, would, should, Mr and Mrs. We practised writing these in different writing styles and made creative posters to help us remember Mr and Mrs. Our handwriting focus this week was the letter x.
● In Computing we continued our blog. Last week we found an image of something that we would like for Christmas or of something we enjoy doing. This week we wrote a ‘post’ to go alongside our image detailing why we had chosen that picture.
● In RE we have been looking at ‘light’. We began by thinking about what candles represent to us. We spoke about how candles are often used to celebrate birthdays. We then designed our own candle and wrote what the candle represents and how it makes us feel.
● Please make sure you are reading with your child at least four times a week and commenting on their reading in their reading record book. Please can reading records stay in your child's book bag.
● Please support your child to access Numbots online. It is recommended that children play Numbots for 10 minutes a day for maximum impact.
● Spellings are sent home on Monday’s for the test on Friday. Please can you practise these with your child throughout the week.
● Wednesday 14th December 5pm- Christmas Disco.
● Friday 16th December- Christmas Jumper Day.
● Friday 16th December- Last day of term.