● In English we started the week by looking at different sentence types. We sorted a range of sentences into questions, commands, exclamations and statements. We looked at the punctuation used in these sentences to help us determine the function of the sentence. We then received a Christmas card from Rosie Revere, asking us to create an information page about Tower Bridge. We gathered information using our work from last week, laptops and books to create a large information page which we then used to write a letter to Rosie detailing the information we had found.
● In Maths, we have been really enjoying our shape unit. We started this week by looking at lines of symmetry on 2-D shapes. We then sorted a range of 2-D shapes. We looked for similarities and differences in the shapes. We found we were able to sort the shapes by number of sides, number of vertices, faces and number of lines of symmetry. Towards the end of the week, we started to look at 3-D shapes, counting the faces, edges and vertices. It can be tricky to remember where you started counting, when using 3-D shapes, so we came up with creative ways to remind us.
● This week in Phonics we looked at /dge/ found in words like fridge and sledge. Our common exception word this week is because. We have remembered how to spell because with the poem ‘big elephants can always understand little elephants’. We looked at two new homophones this week and created posters for these. Our words this week are night/ knight and new/ knew. Our handwriting focus letters this week are d, g and e.
● In Computing we have continued looking at how to use the internet safely and sensibly. We were learning how to copy a picture from Google onto a word document this week.
● In PSHE we have looked at gender diversity, with a specific focus on celebrating differences. We shared lots of lovely ideas about how boys and girls can like the same things and how hobbies, interests, clothes and toys are not just for one gender.
● Please make sure you are reading with your child at least four times a week and commenting on their reading in their reading record book. Please can reading records stay in your child's book bag.
● Please support your child to access Numbots online. It is recommended that children play Numbots for 10 minutes a day for maximum impact.
● Spellings are sent home on Monday’s for the text on Friday. Please can you practice these with your child throughout the week.
● Tuesday 6th December 2.15pm- Christmas Play.
● Thursday 8th December 9.15am- Christmas Play.
● Wednesday 14th December 5pm- Christmas Disco.