This week, the children in Hedgehog Class asked to write their own weekly update so, in their own words, here is their summary of their learning....
Highlights of the week:
- Pouring the water to measure capacity.
- Making the missing posters of a rhino or penguin.
- The sentences we wrote that had to have the word action in them.
- Acting out the story Rhinos Don’t Eat Pancakes.
- Choosing the pictures of whatever our presentation was about.
We have had an amazing week in Hedgehog class!
In English we have been looking at compound words and we each made compound word posters to help us to remember what they are.
In Maths we have been doing capacity using litres and millilitres.
In computing we all did a presentation about whatever we liked. For example Ethan B and Leighton did a Lamborghini presentation.
Design and Technology
In DT we’ve been designing bug hotels using tape, paper and a wood pallet.
- Please make sure you are reading with your child at least four times a week and commenting on their reading in their reading record book.
- Please support your child to access Numbots online. It is beneficial for supporting your child’s fluency in maths.
- Please complete the reading sheet.