● We all thoroughly enjoyed sports day - thank you for coming along to support us. We are so proud of how well the children participated in all of the activities. We know that some of them had been working hard honing their skills at home so thank you and well done!
● In phonics we have been working on ‘er’ sounds using the letter groups ‘wor’ and ‘-our’ found in the words working, worm, humour and colour. The children have been noticing these letter groups in various words we have been using during our English work this week which is very positive.
● We are still preparing for our art gallery next week. This week we sketched our self portrait and we hope to add a little bit of colour on Monday so that we are ready to display them on Tuesday - we look forward to seeing you there.
● In maths we have been learning about money. The children have enjoyed ‘spending’ at the shop and working out different ways to make amounts for the coins we do not have in our currency.
● The chi;ldren have been working really hard on Numbots and there will be another round of certificates given out today! Thank you for all of your support with this.
● As part of our Jigsaw learning this week, the children made flowers for our ‘How I have grown’ garden. They each celebrated something different that they have learnt since they were born. Some of the flowers included:
‘I have learnt to share’
‘I have learnt to play nicely with my brother / sister’
‘I can ride my scooter’
‘I know how to use a knife and fork’
‘I can count to 100’
‘I can write my name by myself’
The children put a great deal of thought into their choices.
● Please make sure you are reading with your child at least four times a week and commenting on their reading in their reading record book.
● Please support your child to access Numbots online. It is recommended that children play Numbots for 10 minutes a day for maximum impact.